Kooka

Welcome to Kooka’s Repaints

10 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome to Kooka’s Repaints.

To you my fellow simmers I wish to extend a very warm welcome to this my new place to download for free any of my repaints. Firstly I will tell you a little about myself, I use to be a Chef for 30 years and then I had to retire due to my wife getting a very horrible disease, now days I’m a 24 hour carer for her, so in my past time I got interested in flight swimming, with good old FSX, then I thought how wonderful it would be to repaint some planes, from there a passion grew to painting with photoshop.

I had to teach myself some new tricks in learning a not so easy program in photoshop, but I managed still don’t know all the tricks but in my own opinion I think I do alright.

Now to the forum, My wife and I own the web space and domain in which it is parked in, we also own the forum itself, we do not want any money to run it as we can manage quite well in that department. You won’t find ads here at all, so NO annoying garbage to pee everybody off. If you choose to be a member my only requirement is that you treat Kooka’s Repaints with respect and follow the rules and guidelines which can be found HERE! By being a member there are no restrictions to what you can have on Kooka’s Repaints. If you are a texture artist and wish to host your work here we have a 99% Uptime from our web hosts. The server itself it is in Australia and we have been with them for a long time. Bandwidth and Storage space is not an issue, you can make your own blogs, have picture albums, post videos and more. If you wish to be a guest then you will not get those privileges and your download speed is restricted as well as a wait time of 90seconds, and limited file downloads per day, we run on a cookie base system. 

I hope to see you in the forum and not as a guest, please don’t be a stranger in these forums share your tips, experiences, even tweaks if you have any.

Although we don’t condone piracy, it’s entirely up to the individuals conscious about it. The developers are responsible for pursuing such individuals not Kooka’s Staff

Please ‘N’Joy our humble forum.

Kindest regards

Kooka.

Hi Kooka are you back up and running after your H2O incident if so could you please do a RAAF C-130J texture for the Captain Sim C-130 but for FSX instead of P3D thanks.

On 03/04/2021 at 7:23 PM, Nashy said:

Hi Kooka are you back up and running after your H2O incident if so could you please do a RAAF C-130J texture for the Captain Sim C-130 but for FSX instead of P3D thanks.

Hi Nash, 

in answer to your question I’ve rebuilt my PC. But I have retired from repainting, as the hobby is to expensive to keep up with. To explain you not only have to own the sims, eg FSX, P3D, MSFS, DCS, but also the latest models. VRS, PMDG, the list is endless. I’m 63 years old and I feel that the time is right for me to give it away. Kooka’s Repaints will always be available, I have no plans on shutting it down. Now I’m not sure but I think the Captain Sim repaints will work in FSX if you change the formate of the .dds files to 32bit.bmp. You can use a image converter which you can find here https://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm download the latest version, it is user friendly. I hope this helps.

kindest regards Kooka

Thanks Kooka it the file converter worked just need a hand on fixing the parts on the aircraft that are black while others have coulour thanks

20 hours ago, Nashy said:

Thanks Kooka it the file converter worked just need a hand on fixing the parts on the aircraft that are black while others have coulour thanks

okay! Can you send me a screenshot, sometimes the alpha part of the textures need to be plain white, or the file name is incorrect, to change the alpha channel yo need to open the texture in the image converter and in the top right corner is the alpha channel. The are some icons right below the little picture, one will say change the alpha, click and select white. Save file. If the file name is incorrect just check with existing textures and adjust accordingly 

cheers Kooka

PS I don’t have FSX installed anymore, I even think I sent the disc to the local tip lol, so I can’t check myself.

Hi Nashy,

the cockpit textures I never touched except the one that’s showing. It seems to me that the plane is not doing a callback on the common textures. The other ones in the light grey are not correct. Give me a day or two and I’ll do a conversion of my own for you, I just have to find the original files first. Hopefully by the weekend we’ll have it flying. 😜

regards Kooka

On 07/04/2021 at 7:22 PM, Kooka said:

Hi Nashy,

let me know how this goes!!!

1 hour ago, Nashy said:

Works perfectly thanks for the help Kooka

Hi Nashy, 

that’s just Awesome mate

ill convert a couple more for you as well if you would like particularly this one2018-10-10_23-25-59-450.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.